Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 8 - Transformation Journal (Feb. 27 - Mar. 5)

the word on...SELF-DISCIPLINE

NOTE - CLICK HERE to see a video clip showing children's reactions to the Marshmallow Test!

CLICK HERE to read an interesting New Yorker article about the Marshmallow Test.

SUNDAY 2/27 - What do my Christian faith and self-discipline have to do with each other?
Read 1 Thessalonians 5:4-11 and 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

MONDAY 2/28 - How is it possible to fight against my own sinful desires - and win?
Read Romans 6:1-18 and Romans 13:12-14

TUESDAY 3/1 - How can the Holy Spirit help me with my self-discipline?
Read 2 Timothy 1:7 and Galatians 5:1, 13-26

WEDNESDAY 3/2 - How does practicing faithful self-discipline affect my relationship with God?
Read Titus 2:11-14 and Psalm 34:1-22

THURSDAY 3/3 - What role does my mind play in learning daily discipline?
Read Colossians 3:1-17

FRIDAY 3/4 - What are the results of a faithful, self-disciplined life?
Read Daniel 1:1-21 and Matthew 6:33

SATURDAY 3/5 - How can I keep others from discouraging or distracting me?
Read Psalm 1:1-6

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings,

I have a question for the webmaster/admin here at bellvilleumc.blogspot.com.

May I use some of the information from your blog post above if I provide a backlink back to this website?

Thanks,
Daniel

12:52 PM  
Blogger Robert Stutes said...

Certainly Daniel, that will be fine!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home