Friday, February 12, 2010

Conference Day 4 Update

Today is the last day of the conference at Saddleback.

KERRY SHOOK of The Woodlands was our first speaker. He splke on "Risking Radical Leadership."

RICK & KAY WARREN then spoke on RADICAL PURITY.

In particular, they addressed the problem of adultery and affairs. No leader is immune to the danger. For those who have been through times of stumbling, they gave suggestions on the "pathway back to purity." For everyone, we were challenged on how to "affair-proof" a marriage.


For the final session, RICK WARREN spoke on RADICAL GENEROSITY!

He talked about five investment funds in which Christians are called to invest as part of our purpose:

The TREASURY fund is my undesignated giving to my local church - using my money to worship the Lord.

The MUTUAL fund is the way I use my money to help other believers - encouraging the fellowship. This involves more things than we might imagine - like taking someone to lunch, providing babysitting for a fellow church member, etc.

The GROWTH fund is using money to enhance my character - my spiritual growth. Like buying a book or attending a retreat.

The EQUITY/SERVICE fund is using money to expand ministry - meeting needs.

The GLOBAL fund is using money to extend my mission by taking the good news around the world.


It has been a power-packed week and there is much to chew on. Pray that each person who attended this conference will be used by God in mighty ways!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home