Sunday, July 12, 2009

JULY 12 - STEPS

To listen this message, go to this link:
BUMC AUDIO MESSAGES

Here is a little more information about each of the "four steps" we looked at on Sunday, July 12...

1 - EXPLORING CHRISTIANITY
I believe in God, but I'm not sure about Christ.
My faith is not a significant part of my life.
I do not tend to involved God in my daily life.
I may view the Bible as irrelevant.
I need others to help me interpret spiritual issues.
I may seek God's guidance only in times of need.
I do not serve in the church.

2 - GROWING IN CHRIST
I believe in Jesus.
I'm discovering faith, and working on what it means to get to know him.
I may willingly participate in small groups.
I may begin serving in the church.
I may sometimes read the Bible or Christian books.

3 - CLOSE TO CHRIST
I feel really close to Christ.
I depend on him daily for guidance.
The Bible provides direction for my life.
Prayer is central to my life.
I have not yet surrendered everything to Christ.
Spiritual friends may become more important than small groups for my growth.
I serve the Lord regularly.

4 - CHRIST-CENTERED
God is all I need in my life; I love him more than anything; he is enough.
Everything I do is a reflection of Christ.
For me, prayer is constant conversation with God.
I am helping to mentor others.
Service to others is a way of life.

Something we did not have time to discuss on Sunday - is the fact that a certain portion of folks at "step 3" and "step 4" report some struggles.

It is not uncommon for folks at step 3 (Close to Christ) to describe themselves as "stalled," and wrestling with "lost momentum." ("I believe in Christ, but I haven't grown much lately."

It is not uncommon for folks at step 4 (Christ-Centered) to describe themselves as "dissatisfied," demonstrating all the outward signs of full devotion but still somewhat unhappy. ("My faith is central to my life and I'm trying to grow, but my church is letting me down.")

For more information about the REVEAL studies - to the REVEAL WEB SITE.

You can also attend the "Summer Short" course on "Reveal" - on Sunday, July 19 at 5 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home