Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Experiences bringing supplies to Houston

From Pam Michna (working with the "Bluebonnet Ladies"), dated Tuesday:

Ed and I took two Suburbans packed to the gills to the shelter today thanks to all of you and Walmart! I just have to share this story with you......

This afternoon I went to Walmart and was able to talk to the manager. They ended up donating over $700 worth of mattresses and bedding! Isn't that awesome.....remember Walmart when you shop! But the best part of the story is this....at about 3:00 this afternoon a family of 5 and a family of 7 showed up at the shelter asking for a place to stay. The director in charge informed them that the shelter was full to capacity and they simply could not accommodate them. The mothers of the family began to cry and beg the shelter to take them. The director said, "If only I had beds for you, I would do my best to take care of you but I simply have no beds." At that exact moment I called the director to tell her I was on my way with 25 beds and bedding sets. She was then able to let the families in. Wasn't God's timing wonderful?! So thanks to all of you who made this possible!!!!

Thanks to all of you for all you do---Austin County ladies are the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home